What is Resilience?
Resilience is defined as being ‘the positive capacity to cope with stress or adversity’. In the workplace, resilience is usually associated with an employee’s ability to cope with the various challenges in the workplace such as organisational change, restructures, downsizing, mergers, information overload, increased workload, reduced resources, learning new systems and processes, budget pressure or constraints and deadlines just to name a few.
Research demonstrates that resilience is ‘the single most important factor in determining whether a person is successful, satisfied, and happy’ (Shatt, 2008, The Resilience Factor) and that building resilience also reduces stress and reduce the risk of depression and mental health issues, ‘enhanced resilience leads to significant improvement in job satisfaction, productivity and retention in the workplace’ (Black Dog Institute)
Insync Workplace Solutions provides Resilience Training which incorporates neuroscience, positive psychology, mindfulness and optional online brain training and resilience building mobile applications.
This innovative, interactive, informative and engaging training provides participants with practical strategies and techniques that they can implement immediately to improve their own personal and workplace performance.
Key benefits of Resilience Training
- Improved employee productivity and performance
- Improved employee motivation and job satisfaction
- Improved team cohesion and decreased team conflict
- Decreased employee absenteeism and presenteeism
- Improved employee retention
At the completion of this program, participants will:
- Have an understanding of what is meant by ‘Resilience’
- Be able to identify the risk factors and vulnerabilities that test resilience
- Be able to identify actions / behaviours that workplace can take to strengthen domains of resilience in employees
- Be able to identify personal strengths and values that can be enhanced to build resilience in the workplace.
Formats available include:
- 1.5 hour webinar
- Keynote presentation
- 1/2 day workshops
- 1 day workshops